Low-level laser therapy is a hair loss treatment that aims to stimulate the hair follicles and make them grow hair again by sending energy using laser lights. Low-level laser therapy has shown positive effects in stopping hair loss and inducing hair regrowth. It is not a magical device, though, and the results so far have been modest. But it is still a viable effective choice. There are now various laser therapy devices on the market, but they are not all the same. Be careful when choosing and purchasing a product because you definitely don’t want to spend money for a low-quality item. Below, we will discuss about iRestore vs Capillus. Both have laser therapy devices, but which one is better?
iRestore is a laser hair growth system which is designed like a helmet. Inside the helmet, you can find numerous lights that function to send red waves into the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. The company claims that the FDA-cleared medical device is suitable for hair thinning and hair loss in both men and women. The company says that the users can expect to see noticeable improvements within 12 – 24 weeks. The claims are backed by a clinical study, which showed that all of the active users receive visible hair regrowth. See the comparisons between iRestore vs Theradome here.
iRestore uses the 650 nm red light wavelength, which is considered as the optimal wavelength for stimulating hair follicles and inducing hair regrowth. However, it is only armed with 51 lights, which consist of 21 medical-grade lasers and 30 medical-grade LEDs. In fact, the lasers are the only ones that can penetrate deep enough to reach the hair follicles. The LEDs are not powerful enough, but they are also beneficial for warming the scalp. Note that the device needs to be plugged into a power outlet.
On the other hand, the Capillus system is a little bit more comprehensive. There are two laser therapy devices, Capillus82 and Capillus202. As you may have guessed, Capillus82 is equipped with 82 laser lights whereas Capillus202 is equipped with 202 laser lights. The question is, why does the company produce two different models? If the cheaper product is effective, why do they bother with a more expensive product? The more expensive product has more laser lights, but that does not necessarily mean that it is more effective. Increasing the number of laser lights only increases the intensity. Nevertheless, Capillus’s therapy devices are wireless; these models work with rechargeable batteries.
Capillus also has the shampoo, conditioner, activator, and revitalizer products to support the work of the therapy device. The shampoo helps to exfoliate and cleanse the scalp, featuring DHT blockers and vasodilators. The conditioner aims to make the hair moisturized, soft, and shiny. The activator fortifies and enriches the scalp. The revitalizer contains antioxidants to nourish the scalp and hair follicles.
- FDA-cleared medical device for treating hair loss and thinning hair for both men and women
- Grow thicker, fuller, and healthier hair with iRestore's clinical strength laser technology; you can use it on its own or with other hair loss treatments
- See fast hair growth. Users can expect to see visible improvement in as little as 12 to 24 weeks - results my vary
- Developed in GMP-certified facilities, this device is durable, lightweight, comfortable, hands-free and easy to use at home
- iRestore has been clinically studied and proven to promote hair regrowth in a recent 2017 study
- IF HAIR LOSS RUNS IN YOUR FAMILY, chances are you might need a Capillus82 laser hair growth therapy cap
- CLINICALLY PROVEN & FDA CLEARED as a safe and effective treatment for hereditary hair loss (a condition that affects up to 50% of adult women and 80% of adult men) identified by overall thinning hair, a receding hairline and pattern baldness.
- MANUFACTURED IN THE USA for quality assurance, this device is easy, discreet, comfortable and individually inspected before shipping for safe use
- EFFECTIVE & AFFORDABLE with no known adverse side-effects reported, the Capillus82 cap features laser only technology, with no interior LED lights, at an incredible value for the amount of laser diodes it carries
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED to grow thicker, fuller hair if used as a stand-alone product, or in conjunction with topical hair loss foams, prescription medications, or before and after hair transplant surgery
Between iRestore vs Capillus, which one is better? Generally speaking, both are viable choices. But Capillus seems to be the better value for the money. The therapy device is more convenient to use due to using a rechargeable battery, and it actually has more laser lights. There are also the shampoo, conditioner, activator, and revitalizer to further support the treatment.