No, these are not Apple’s products, even though their names are indeed similar to those produced by the tech company. Both iRestore and iGrow are laser helmets for hair treatment. Recently, laser hair treatment helmets have become quite popular on the market. Apparently, people don’t mind spending lots of money in order to stop hair loss and get back their hair. Anything to restore their confidence. So, how do iRestore vs iGrow work, and are these products really effective?
iRestore uses the low light laser therapy (LLLT) technology to counter hair loss and improve fuller, thicker hair growth. iRestore is equipped with 51 LED lights which consist of 21 laser and 30 non-laser diodes, which all emit 650 nm red light for targeted hair growth. Contrary to those skeptical comments, such technology has actually been scientifically proven. By absorbing the light, the area on your scalp will get boosted metabolism and blood circulation, which in turn will lead to increased hair health and growth.
iGrow also uses the LLLT technology, but it does not clearly state how many lights that it has. According to a user, it has 22 laser diodes and 33 LEDs. It uses 650 – 670 nm red light to stimulate the metabolism and blood circulation of the scalp. (Read also : Hairmax Vs iGrow)
iRestore’s design is pretty simple. It has a head bar on the front side to keep the helmet on its place. It is quite comfortable to wear. However, it would be even nicer if it has more soft pads to support the helmet on the head. On the good side, iRestore’s shape is quite compact and portable, and it is easy to bring along on your travels.
On the other hand, iGrow is a little bit bigger and bulkier. It can also be improved for comfort by adding some more soft pads, but it is already quite comfy thanks to the four adjustable columns and rotating weight distribution. On the left and right sides, there are padded ear cups with built-in speaker drivers for music.
Features and Performance
One of the most distinctive differences between iRestore vs iGrow is the built-in headphones. iRestore doesn’t have them. iGrow features a pair of customizable headphones that enables you to listen to music, answer calls, or watch the TV.
Many users have expressed their satisfaction with these products. They can help to stop the hair loss progress. They can also stimulate the hair follicles to grow stronger, thicker hair. The results are very good. However, they only work on hair follicles that still live. These devices can stimulate follicles that die temporarily, stimulating the regeneration cycle. But they don’t work on hair follicles that are completely dead. Some people may find non-optimal hair regrowth if some of the hair follicles have completely died.
- FDA-cleared medical device for treating hair loss and thinning hair for both men and women
- Grow thicker, fuller, and healthier hair with iRestore's clinical strength laser technology; you can use it on its own or with other hair loss treatments
- Developed in GMP-certified facilities, this device is durable, lightweight, comfortable, hands-free and easy to use at home
- LOW LEVEL LASER TREATMENTS: iGrow is one of few products and solutions that use highly effective LLLT stimulating light therapy equipment to promote cellular rejuvenation with laser and LED lights
- CLINICALLY TESTED, FDA CLEARED: In 2 separate, published peer-reviewed clinical studies, iGrow increased hair count by 35% in males and 37% in females in 16 weeks to help stop hair loss
- FOR BEST RESULTS: 4 adjustable columns, rotating weight distribution, customizable headphones and aux hookups for full scalp coverage and comfort while the stimulator system promotes faster growth
You can choose iGrow if you fancy the built-in headphones. The additional feature is very handy and convenient. It allows you to relax or do various activities while performing the treatment session. iRestore is simple and portable, but without the headphones.