Wahl has become one of the world’s leaders in the barber equipment market. If you are currently looking for the best professional hair clipper, there are several Wahl products that you should consider. Two of the best choices from the company are Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior. Both of these two models are very popular on the market, and they look quite similar to each other. Perhaps the only noticeable visible difference between Wahl Senior vs5 Star Senior is the color. Well, continue reading below for the more detailed differences and comparisons between Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior!
Design and Appearance
If you put the two models side by side, you will see the resemblances. They each measure 6.5 inches long, and they each weigh approximately 1 lb 3 oz. Both also feature a nice ergonomic design, which features a sleek curve on the left side of the clipper for the thumb and a solid grip area on the right side for the rest of the fingers. Both Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior are corded hair clippers. Their cords each measure 8 feet long. These are professional-grade cords that are highly durable and chemical resistant.
The most prominent difference of the two models is the color; Wahl Senior features a silver metallic color whereas Wahl 5 Star Senior sports a glossy black finish. Both Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior feature a highly sturdy and rugged metal housing for long-lasting durability.
Motor and Power
Interestingly, both Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior are equipped with the V9000 electromagnetic motor. This is a heavy-duty, high-performance motor that is designed specially for a busy day in the barber shop. The motor can work at high speeds to cut down bulks of hair, and the performance is very consistent throughout the day. It runs cooler and faster than standard clippers. The motor can serve multiple customers continuously without complaining and overheating. Both Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior are great for blending, tapering, and fading.
The most significant difference between Wahl Senior vs 5 Star Senior is the blade. Wahl Senior is equipped with the 1005 blade, which is an excellent heavy-duty blade for various demanding tasks ranging from cutting, blending, tapering, and fading. However, Wahl 5 Star Senior is equipped with an even better blade, which is the 2191 adjustable blade. This blade is not only powerful for heavy cutting and bulk removal, but also for serving multi-cultural clients for traditional tapering and fading. The adjustability is a very useful feature for different styles and preferences.
In each packaging, you can also find the instructions manual, a cleaning brush, a red blade guard, and three attachment combs. Having three choices of attachment combs allow you to adjust the style of the cut to some degree.
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional’s commercial grade line of products, the Senior Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: The Senior Clipper is the original electromagnetic clipper. Tried and true, it is equipped with a V9000 motor that runs cooler and faster than a standard clipper, making it perfect for heavy-duty cutting, tapering, fades, and blends without the risk of overheating. It comes in a durable metal housing that feels great in the hand and offers superior comfort and control.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the Senior Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (3) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and a red blade guard.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: The Senior Clipper (#8500) measures 6.5” long and weighs 1 lb. 3 oz. This product features an 8-foot, professional grade, chemical resistant cord and features a #1005 blade, V9000 electromagnetic motor, and operates at 120 volts/60 hertz. For sale in the USA only.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer’s warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers.
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5 Star Series Senior Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
- TRUST IN TRADITIONAL: This clipper is designed for traditional on scalp tapering and fading, precision fades, and clipper over comb work. Blades are adjustable with zero-overlap capabilities. The high impact, durable aluminum metal bottom housing is constructed to withstand all the regular wear and tear in your salon or barbershop.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The Wahl Professional 5 Star Series Senior Clipper includes adjustable taper lever, 3 cutting guides (1/16” – 3/16”), styling comb, oil, cleaning brush, operating instructions, and red blade guard, all of which are designed for professional quality in your salon or barber shop.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Wahl Professional 5 Star Series Senior Clipper #8545 measures 6.5 inches in length and weighs 1 pound, 3 ounces. Features a V9000 Electromagnetic motor and Adjustable 0000 Blade. Made in U.S.A.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wahl Professional Products purchased from this authorized dealer feature a manufacturer's warranty, which is not available from unauthorized dealers. For sale and use in the U.S. only.
Besides the color, the real difference between Wahl Senior and Wahl 5 Star Senior is the blade. Wahl Senior has a fixed blade, whereas Wahl 5 Star Senior features an adjustable blade. So, if you don’t need to change your blade settings frequently, Wahl Senior is good. Otherwise, choose Wahl 5 Star Senior. It is great for serving multiple people with different preferences.